A Unit of Business & Finance
University System of Georgia Ethics Policy Training
Deadline: April 13, 2012
ALL employees hired prior to January 1, 2011 must take the USG Ethics Policy Refresher Course
ALL employees hired after January 1, 2011 must take the USG Ethics Policy Basic Course
Training is provided online through the North Georgia "Vista" link at the bottom of the university's main web page.
1. You will need your Banner (900) number and password. (If you do not know your Banner number, click on the “Banner” link at the bottom of the NG main web page, then click on “ngcsuID# Lookup”; if you do not know your password click on “Email User ID & PIN”)
2. When you have your Banner number and password, click on the “Vista” link at the bottom of the NG main web page, then enter the required Banner number and password.
3. Select the Ethics course you need from the Course List presented.
4. Be sure your computer speakers are turned on.
5. Once in the online tutorial, follow the menu on the left sequentially, starting with How to Use Program.
6. Be sure to complete all training modules, including the Assessment module at the end.
If you experience any technical issues accessing the online training please call Judy McHan, IT Training Administrator, at 706-864-1924. If you have other questions please contact Human Resources at 706-864-1440 or send an email to email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What will happen if I do not complete this requirement?
Answer: In accordance with BOR policy (http://www.usg.edu/hr/manual/general_criteria_for_employment), employees who "fail to complete the USG Ethics training and certification or other required training shall be subject to disciplinary action consistent with Board Policy up to and including termination." Please click on the link provided to read the full text of this policy.
2. I am a student worker, do I need to take the ethics training?
Answer: Yes, student workers and Federal Work Study students need to complete the ethics training.
3. What is considered a passing score for Ethics Policy training?
Answer: You will need to score at least 80% to complete the training. You may retake the test as many times as needed.
4. How can I receive a certificate for completing the ethics training?
Answer: The ethics training does not generate a completion certificate. We recommend using the Print Screen function key and print the screen from MS Word to capture the final results.