First-Year Experience Program
Your Education Starts Here
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What do I need to bring to INTRO
A:INTRO will be conducted informally, so bring casual, comfortable clothes. We do a lot of walking on campus.
You will also need to bring:
- An alarm clock
- Bed linens and pillow for a an XL (extra long) twin size bed or sleeping bag
- Blanket (it gets chilly in the dorms at night)
- Towels and shower shoes
- Hand soap and a hand towel
- Comfortable shoes
- Clothing and personal items for 3days/2 nights (Bring a light jacket or sweatshirt)
- On the second day, we will go to Pine Valley, the college park, for a picnic, outdoor games and tubing down the river. Dress comfortably and wear tennis shoes to be able to participate in games. If you plan to go tubing, bring a swimsuit or clothes to wear in the river and old tennis shoes or sandals with back straps. You will not be allowed to tube down the river barefoot.
- Do not bring excessive amounts of cash or expensive items.
Q: Can I participate in the INTRO program without staying the night on campus?
A: Staying on campus is mandatory to participate in the INTRO program. Students will need to participate in all INTRO events.
Q: How do we register for classes and how do we know what to register for?
A: All INTRO students will have a meeting arranged for them with an advisor in their declared major. Students who have not declared a major will meet with an advisor in the NGCSU Advisement Center. This advisor will help the student review their class schedule. Students will go home with their schedule of classes for the Fall semester. They will also have the opportunity to order books in advance. For more information about purchasing books in advance, contact the NGCSU Campus Connection Bookstore at (706) 864-1635.
Q: Do you have Parent Orientation and when is it?
A: Yes, Parent INTRO is concurrent to new student INTRO. Please click the "Parent Orientation" link in the gold bar on the left or contact (706)864-1900 for more information.
Q: Can I bring a car to INTRO?
A: We recommend that students drive their own care if possible.
Q: When does the INTRO session begin and end?
A: The INTRO program begins on the morning of Day One and ends late afternoon of Day Two. Check-in will be in the North Georgia Suites Residence Hall on Sunset Drive. There will be signs posted on campus as well as INTRO staff to help you. A copy of the schedule and more information regarding INTRO will be emailed to you approximately two weeks before your INTRO session begins. We will update this website with a draft schedule for INTROs I-IV as soon as it is available.
Q: Do I need extra money at INTRO?
A: You should not need any additional money while at INTRO because all of your meals are taken care of with the INTRO fee. However you may want to visit the bookstore or get a snack from a vending machine.