College of Arts and Letters
The Performing Arts Department at North Georgia College & State University aspires to provide liberal arts educational experiences which are congruent with the college's mission and goals. Our programs are designed to encourage students who are interested in pursuing and enhancing their involvement in the performing arts. Academic and studio instruction will be provided in the areas of Music, and Communication Arts. The Department will provide opportunities for the student body, the academic community as well as the public to experience the arts through academic instruction, performances, and workshops.
Performing Arts Department Mission Statement
Consistent with this mission, the Performing Arts Department will provide the following:
- A depth of knowledge about the arts which is comparable to that of other institutions in the state and nation;
- A learning environment conducive to the development of the whole person allowing students the opportunity to select specific areas of interest in the Performing Arts;
- The opportunity to develop skills necessary to analyze critically, to interpret and examine the role of the arts in society as they determine the interrelationship of the arts and other disciplines found among the various cultures in all civilizations;
- Special programs such as performances, and workshops in order to foster a greater understanding and appreciation of the arts;
- Faculty role models who are practitioners and teachers of the arts as they continually explore and develop their creativity.