Don't Get Left Out!
UNG Memorial Hall Pool Policies
- Proper UNG ID must be presented to the lifeguard upon entering the pool.
- Swimming allowed only when Lifeguard(s) present.
- Clean and proper swimming attire is required. Cutoff shorts are not allowed.
- Only appropriate sport drinks or water are allowed on deck; all other food and drink is restricted.
- No glass allowed in facility.
- Do not hang on or swim across lane lines.
- No spitting, spouting of water or blowing nose in pool.
- No running, rough play or excessive noise.
- Long distance underwater swimming is prohibited.
- Kickboards, noodles, and aqua joggers are available for workouts; they are not to be used as life preservers.
- Children (under 18 years of age) shall not use the pool without an adult in attendance and must show UNG ID card upon entrance.
- Adults with non-swimming children must be within an arm's reach at all times; this also applies in the water.
- Swim diapers or plastic pants are required for children who wear diapers.
- The stairs are for entering and exiting the pool, please do not block these areas.
- Staff will provide assistance with the chair lift upon request.
- Do not swim if you have an infectious or communicable disease.
- Do not leave valuables unattended. Utilize day lockers. We do not take responsibility for loss or theft.
- No pets allowed.
- Lane usage is on a first-come first-serve basis. We strongly recommend sharing lanes with other swimmers as an act of courtesy.
- Any activities that could be potentially disruptive to swimmers on other lines of the pool should be limited to outside lanes in order to minimize impact.
- The diving board can only be used if the three lanes closest to it are not being used. Individuals must wait to use the diving board until the appropriate lanes are empty, or until swimmers can be re-located to to available lanes.
- Patrons using the facility are expected to comply with the requests of the Lifeguard and all other Aquatics staff members.