Information Security Oversight Committee
The Information Security Oversight committee (ISOC) is a standing executive committee, which maintains oversight of North Georgia's campus information security objectives and activities. This committee also acts as a high-level sounding board for the review of projects and endeavors that pertain to NGCSU's information security posture.
The specific mission of the ISOC is to provide directives and recommendations to ensure that campus information security activities are aligned with the institutional mission and are appropriately supported, implemented, and understood within the campus community. In particular, the ISOC oversees the following areas:
- Annual review, revision, and approval of the North Georgia information security plan and associated campus policies, procedures, standards, and initiatives.
- Recommendations of security priorities, new policies, budgeting, and activities that the ISOC views as necessary for ensuring an acceptable degree of security and compliance.
- Authority to assign specific security responsibilities to staff or units as needed to ensure that information security goals will be achieved.
- Authority to create cross-domain workgroups as needed to ensure that information security goals will be achieved.
- Leadership in promoting a campus culture of security that reflects the risk tolerance and compliance objectives of senior campus administration.
- Direct advisement to the CIO to aid in the review of campus IT and data projects that pertain to information risks management concerns.