Get to Know Us at North Georgia
|Printable Version of NGCSU Mission Statement|
North Georgia College & State University develops and educates leaders through strong liberal arts, pre-professional, professional, and graduate programs. North Georgia College & State University is proud to be designated by the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia as a state leadership institution and by the Georgia General Assembly as the Military College of Georgia.
North Georgia College & State University provides an environment of academic excellence that develops leaders who respect all people, maintain high ethical standards, continue intellectual and personal growth, and serve the community, the state, the nation, and the world.
This mission is founded upon the following core values:
- Courage – demonstrating the individual and institutional character required to translate thought into action under adverse or challenging conditions,
- Integrity –cultivating in ourselves and in others the willingness and steadfastness to act honestly and ethically,
- Loyalty – being faithful to the mission of the university,
- Respect – acknowledging the dignity and worth of all beings and preserving the richness of our cultures and ecology,
- Service – giving of oneself to enhance the life and richness of the university and all of its members, as well as the larger community,
- Truth – searching for and honoring truth as it relates to academics, individuals, self, and society, and
- Wisdom – making sound decisions in complex or ambiguous situations based on accumulated knowledge and experiences.