Center for Global Engagement
Connecting you to the world!
How to Apply
All North Georgia students wishing to go on ANY study abroad program will need to apply through the online study abroad application system. The "Apply Now" button can be found on any selected program's page. This is the only way for North Georgia students to make sure you will receive the appropriate credit for your experience.
UNG Students wishing to go Transient to another institution
All North Georgia students wishing to go on ANY study abroad program will have to apply through the online application system. The "Apply Now" button can be found on any selected program's page. This is the only way for North Georgia students to make sure you will receive the appropriate credit for your experience.
In the online application system the following information can be found.
- North Georgia Application Form
- North Georgia Medical Self-Assessment
- North Georgia Agreement and Release
- North Georgia Student Discipline Policy
- North Georgia Course Equivalency Form*
*To fill out the Course Equivalency Form, please follow the steps below:
- Take it to the appropriate department heads in which equivalent credit for courses at North Georgia is sought and secure their written approval for the courses taken overseas.
- Visit your academic advisor in order to discuss how the overseas program fits into your graduation requirements and to receive written approval for the courses selected.
- Visit the Financial Aid Office (308 Stewart Hall) to examine whether funding is available to support the overseas travel. It is necessary to make an appointment (706-864-1412) and complete the “Financial Worksheet” before the meeting since the process takes about a half-hour for each student. In general, more money is available the earlier financial aid preparations are made.
- Obtain Registrar’s signature to make sure that your graduation date won't be affected by your study abroad experience.
- Along with the forms you fill out, you will also need to submit two Study Abroad References from faculty. These can be sent via e-mail through the online application system.
- Other documents that you will need to submit with your application packet are:
- Copy of the identification page of your passport
- Unofficial transcripts, unless otherwise noted
- Copy of the Application for Admission to another USG institution.
- North Georgia Transient Permission Request:
- Login to Banner
- Go to Student and Financial Aid
- Select Transient Requests
- Select Transient Permission Request form
- Select the appropriate term for your chosen school (semester or quarter)
- Select the courses you plan to take
- Submit the form
- If successful print the page — if not read and follow the instructions listed **
**If you have 90+ hours your Transient form will not be automatically approved. Please see the Registrars Office for further instructions.
Transient Students wishing to attend a North Georgia Study Abroad Program
A student who is enrolled at another college or university may apply for the privilege of temporary registration at University of North Georgia in order to attend a specific Study Abroad Program. Such a student will ordinarily be one who expects to return to the college or university in which he/she is presently enrolled.
For more information on how to apply, please visit our Transient Student Page.