Don't Get Left Out!
UNG Intramural Sports Handbook
Last Updated: April 24, 2013
A player, fan, or coach may be ejected by game officials or Intramural Supervisors for any conduct deemed unsportsmanlike or for not staying within the spirit of the rules. An ejected person is immediately ineligible for ALL Intramural sports and activities, both in the sport of the ejection and all other Intramural sports, and will be ineligible to use the Rec Center. The ejected person must complete the following procedures to regain their eligibility within (7) seven business days of the ejection or the case will be turned over to the Dean of Students for further disciplinary action.
- The ejected player must submit a typed written letter of reinstatement (Double spaced, Times New Roman, 12 pt font) outlining the events surrounding the ejection, the individual’s actions that led to and followed the ejection, and assurance of how this behavior will be avoided in the future.
- The ejected player must set-up an appointment with the Director of Intramural Sports to discuss the matter within (7) seven business days of the ejection or the case will be turned over to the Dean of Students. Even if it is the last contest for their team, the ejected person's suspension will continue until the person meets with the Director.
- The player must attend a meeting with the Intramural Director and serve their suspension.
- A team cannot advance into the playoffs with an outstanding ejected player. The ejected player must meet with the Intramural Director to rectify the matter or the team captain should meet with the Director to discuss dropping the player from their official team roster.
- Anyone who physically assaults a spectator, player, official, or activity supervisor will be automatically suspended for a minimum period of one year from the date of the incident. The person must petition the Intramural Sports administrative staff for re-admittance into the program. Further, appropriate charges may be filed with the Dean of Students.