Don't Get Left Out!
UNG Intramural Sports Handbook
Last Updated: April 24. 2013
The mission of the Intramural Sports Program at University of North Georgia is to provide students, faculty, and staff with the opportunity to participate in a variety of recreational sports in a safe environment, creating a setting that fosters community, forms lasting memories, and instills a sense of belonging. The Intramural Sports Program promotes physical fitness, healthy habits, and balanced behaviors, improving the overall social, mental, and physical well being of participants. Additionally, the program teaches students meaningful life skills, encourages personal achievement, and develops involved and responsible citizens. In fulfilling this mission, we support and complement the institution’s academic and leadership objectives.
The Recreational Sports Office is located in the Rec Center. The Intramural Director can be reached at (706)864-1622 or email@example.com. The Intramural Sports Website (www.northgeorgia.edu/IM) is the official posting place for upcoming events, schedules, results, and changes.
- All players interested in participating in Intramural Sports must go to www.imleagues.com/northgeorgia and create an account. Enter your information and make sure to ONLY use your North Georgia email account.
- Team Captains or managers must log into their IM Leagues account and click the Create/Join Team button. Here, captains will be asked to enter all required information; as well as, pass a quiz with a score of 100% to completely register their team.
- The Intramural Sports Director reserves the right to change any team name that is deemed inappropriate or offensive.
- Players may be added to the roster by bringing their valid Saints Card to the game site or the Recreational Sports Office. Players may be added up until noon on the final day of the playoff tournament.
- Teams that do not complete the registration process by the posted deadline will not be scheduled in the respective sport, but have the option to be put on a waiting list in order to be a replacement for any team that is scheduled and later drops out. Teams will not be placed in elimination brackets once play has begun.
- All teams must follow the Eligibility Rules and Guidelines set forth in the Intramural Sports Handbook (Section V).
- The Director of Intramural Sports reserves the right to rule on the eligibility of all teams and players. This decision will be final.
The captain of each team will be responsible for the following things:
1. Registering and ensuring each member of the team is eligible to play
2. Ensure each member of the team has signed the waiver
3. Ensuring each member of the team knows and abides by all of the rules set by IM Sports
4. Keep the team area/benches clean and free of trash at the end of each game
5. Keep the fans in check – if there is a problem beyond the captain’s control the captain should go to a supervisor of IM Sports to have the matter dealt with
6. Maintain a high level of sportsmanship and ensure each member of the team does as well
7. Check the IM webpage or IM Leagues to keep his/her team current on new information
8. Return any equipment back to the IM Staff
- Men (Divisions: Corps of Cadets, Intrafraternity Council, and Open*)
- Women (Divisions: Panhellenic and Open*)
- Co-Rec (Men and Women playing on the same team under special rules)
- All student organizations that are recognized and in good standing with UNG may enter a team in the Intramural Sports Program.
- Any organization wishing to enter a team may do so before the posted deadlines.
- To represent a student organization a team member must be a current member of that organization.
- Participants with Alumni status with their organization may participate with that organization, provided they are a current student at UNG and do not hold the position of a faculty or staff member.
- Does not apply to Greek Teams
- Teams not representing student organizations may also be entered in the Intramural Sports Program to include any group of students, faculty, or staff that wishes to participate. These teams will be classified as open teams.
- Participants who do not have teams or teams that are looking for additional players are encouraged to use IM Leagues.
- Create an account by visiting www.imleagues.com/northgeorgia and create an account. Enter your information and make sure to ONLY use your North Georgia email account.
- You can be listed as a free agent within a league. You will be visible to all members of the site and can request to join teams or post information about yourself so teams can request to add you to their team.