Don't Get Left Out!
UNG Intramural Sports Handbook
Last Updated: April 24, 2013
VI. Eligibility Challenges and Enforcement
Any person or organization may challenge the eligibility of a player by notifying the Recreational Sports Office. Eligibility challenges must occur within seven days of the date of the player’s participation in an Intramural game or event. Challenges will be reviewed by the Intramural Sports Director.
- Fraudulent acts shall be defined as misrepresentation of a score, playing while ineligible or under suspension, playing on more than one team in the same sport, or allowing an individual to use your ID for Intramural competition.
- Participants attempting to register or sign-in for a contest when using a different student's Saints Card for identification will be barred from participating in the contest. The Saints Card will also be confiscated by the Intramural Sports Staff. The Saints Card will be available for collection by the student pictured on the card during normal business hours in the Recreational Sports Office. Both the participant attempting to use such a card and the actual student pictured on the card will face an indefinite suspension from all Intramural activities as determined by the Intramural Sports Director.
- A player competing under an assumed name will be ejected from Intramural competition and must meet with the Intramural Director to be reinstated. The team which the player participated on will also forfeit the game.
- Should a team captain, coach, or team manager be guilty or responsible for the use of an assumed name, knowingly using an ineligible player, or other fraudulent act, he/she will be disqualified from all Intramural activities pending a meeting with the Intramural Director, who shall determine the length of the suspension period. The game will be forfeited and the team may face additional suspensions or penalties.
- If an individual feels that they have extenuating circumstances that should allow them to be exempt from any or all of the Intramural Handbook rules, they can make a written appeal stating their reasons for exemption from the rules. This appeal will be reviewed by the Intramural Sports Director.
- As soon as an individual violates any of the eligibility rules, they will be considered ineligible for ALL Intramural sports. Violations of this suspension will result in further suspension from the Intramural program and possibly disciplinary action by UNG.
- A team shall forfeit all points all games in which ineligible players are used.
- No student may withhold information about being a member of a varsity team. Violations of this rule will result of the forfeiture of each contest in which the violation occurred, and the student will be barred from further participation in Intramural Sports until they have met with the Director of Intramural Sports.