College of Education
Preparing effective and compassionate educators for professional leadership in a global community.
The Early Childhood and Special Education majors were combined into a single dual major in Early Childhood/Special Education P-5 in the fall of 2002. This dual major is the only undergraduate route to either certification available on campus.
The following is a brief overview of the program:
- It is 132 hours in length, in contrast to 120 hours.
- It is common for both certificates.
- It involves morning field placement all year during the junior and first semester senior year.
- The second semester of the senior year the students complete their internship.
- All students will be placed in partner schools and one of those placements will be in a diverse setting.
We accept approximately 85 students per year. Students apply online in January prior to the fall they wish to enter. We accept fully qualified students. Admission to the program is competitive. See the admissions section for requirements, and apply in January of your sophomore year for the fall semester of your junior year.