Don't Get Left Out!
The Department of Recreational Sports is looking for fun, energetic North Georgia students who want to work in an atmosphere that develops leadership and encourages other students to participate in our programs. If you are that type of person, we want you to join our team!
All Rec Sports job openings will be posted to the Saints Job Board
1. Go to the Career Service Website
2. Search for open positions and complete a Student Work Application
3. Complete Rec Sports Work Availability Form
4. Turn in Student Work Application and Rec Sports Availability Form to the Rec Sports Office or Susan.Miller@ung.edu.
Rec Sports Student Job Synopsis:
Rec Center Staff - Work at front desk and around the Rec Center.
- Qualifications: Strong communication skills, general knowledge and experience with aspects of health, fitness, and recreation, and ability to work 8-12 hours per week.
- Responsibilities: Assist Patrons with Equipment and Safety Guidelines, Enforce Rec Center Policies and Procedures, Supervise Fitness Areas and Gymnasium, Clean Equipment and Fitness Areas as Needed, Organize Equipment and Weights, Check-out Equipment, Respond to Emergencies, and Other Duties as Assigned.
Lifeguards - Oversee the pool in Memorial Hall
- Qualifications: Current CPR/AED/First Aid/Lifeguard Certification, Ability to Pass Swim Test, and Willingness to work at least 5-10 hours per week.
- Responsibilities: Providing Customer Service, Checking Water Quality, Enforcing Policies and Procedures, Supervising Pool Area, Responding to Emergencies, Cleaning Pool Deck as needed, Organizing Pool Equipment as needed, Other Duties as Assigned.
Sports Officials - Referee various Intramural Sports at North Georgia
- Qualifications: Must attend Officials Training Clinics for each sport (Flag Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Recreational Soccer, and Softball), and have a general knowledge of sport. Games occur Tuesday - Thursday between 3:30-8pm and Sunday 1:30-8pm for outdoor sports and Monday-Thursday between 5:30-11:00pm for indoor sports. Student must be available during these times. Hours and schedule vary from week to week.
- Responsibilities: Officiate games, assist with set-up and take-down of fields/courts, and score keeping.
Climbing Wall Facilitators - Supervise the climbing wall and belay participants.
- Qualifications: Completed training as a high ropes course facilitator at North Georgia. - Responsibilities: Provide Customer Service, Belay Participants, Supervise Climbing Area, Set-Up Climbing Lanes, Inspect Equipment, and Other Duties as Assigned.
Group Exercise Instructors - Lead weekly Group Exercise Classes
- Qualifications: Must have experience and/or certifications to teach Group Exercise Classes.
Building Supervisors - Oversee the Rec Center and Staff
- Qualifications: Must have worked as a Rec Center Staff Member
Intramural Sports Supervisors - Oversee the Intramural Sports Games and Officials
- Qualifications: Must have worked as an Intramural Official