Office of the Comptroller
A Unit of Business & Finance
Cash Advances - Athletics:
THIS IS FOR ATHLETIC TEAM CASH ADVANCES ONLY! For all other regular employee cash advances, please refer to the "Cash Advances" page.
Cash advances can be issued only to employees to minimize the financial burden on those who are unable to initially pay for lodging, meals, and other travel expenses for themselves and Athletic Team students with their own funds.
Cash Advance Procedure:
1) Fill out a Cash Advance Authorization Form located on the "Forms"
page under the Office of the Comptroller website. The employee's
supervisor must sign his/her approval in the "Authorized by" field before this form can be processed. Be sure that the beginning and ending travel dates are included on the form.
2) PLEASE NOTE: The cash advance check cannot be picked up in the Business Office until 3 days before the employee travels. Employees will be required to sign for the check so please bring a picture ID along.
3) If the employee is traveling out of the state, a Professional
Travel Authorization Request form must accompany the Cash Advance
Authorization form. This form must be signed by the employee and the
employee's supervisor. If travel is out of the country, the President
must sign this form as well.
4) Retain a copy of the Cash Advance Authorization form for your records and then send the original form (along with the Travel Authorization form if necessary) to Melissa Proctor in the Comptroller's Office 2 weeks before the travel date to allow time for processing.
5) After travel is complete, the employee must turn all documents, receipts, and any leftover monies into our office within 10 days per BOR regulations. If these regulations are not met, this could affect employee's receiving future advances.
6) Items Required to turn in upon completion of trip:
-UNG Travel Expense Statement
-All required paid receipts showing a zero balance (except for the employee meal receipts - student meal receipts are required).
-Employee's must record their expenses separately from the students expenses on the travel expense statement.
-Any leftover funds submitted in cash or by check made payable to UNG.
7) PLEASE REMEMBER: The employee receiving the cash advance cannot pay for other employee's meals out of the cash advance. Each employee will be responsible for paying for their own expenses out of their own funds and be reimbursed upon returning from their trip. The cash advance can only be used for the employee and the student's expenses.
8) Under no circumstances can entertainment (such as putt-putt and movies) be paid out of the cash advance for the students.
9) The UNG Travel Expense Statement must be signed by the employee and the employee's supervisor before it can be processed.
PLEASE NOTE: Per the Board of Regents Business Procedure
Manual: Each employee receiving a cash advance shall sign and date the
travel advance authorization form acknowledging receipt of funds. All
employees are fully responsible for funds advanced to them and shall
account for the funds in accordance with the statewide travel
regulations. Employees are liable for any advanced funds that are lost
If you have additional questions, please contact Melissa Proctor at ext. 3564.