Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Trust the Process
Designed to allow individuals to progress through the program at their own rate, the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program at NGCSU offers courses in the late afternoon and evening. The mission of this degree program is
- To provide students with the most comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge and skills in the field of counseling
- To prepare students by exposing them to practical experiences in counseling settings
- To serve the region by preparing trained counselors for the North Georgia communities
- To provide training in diversity and in awareness of the impact of diversity on client populations and communities.
- To develop an awareness of ethical, legal and spiritual factors in counseling
- To maintain excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service for the faculty and students in the department.
- To provide services for the broader North Georgia communities through practicum placements, internships, and professional endeavors of those in the NGCSU Community Counseling Program.