Office of the Comptroller
A Unit of Business & Finance
NON-EMPLOYEE TRAVEL INFORMATION
Payment of travel for non-employees must be approved in advance, and should take into account funding availability and the business necessity of paying such travel.
Travel expenses for non-employees should be limited to the following circumstances:
1) Students authorized to travel for participation in academic programs and sanctioned student events, to include athletic and recruiting events. All students must submit a completed Professional Travel Authorization form along with their travel expense statement.
2) Individuals contracted to perform a service for the institution where the contract provides for travel expense reimbursement.
3) Job applicant travel associated with an interview.
4) Official guests providing a direct benefit to UNG by collaborating, presenting, or participating in academic, research, or conference activities.
Payments of non-employee travel are subject to the allowable limits. You may find more information on travel regulations here.
NON-EMPLOYEE TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT PROCESS:
1) Ask the non-employee to complete the UNG Travel Expense Statement and the W-9 form.
2) If it is a student, they are required to also fill out the Professional Travel Authorization form.
3) After the appropriate signatures are obtained, submit the Travel Expense Statement, W-9 form, Professional Travel Authorization form (for students only), and all original receipts to Melissa Proctor in the Comptroller's Office for payment.