College of Education
The Department of Teacher Education offers three Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree programs:
At the Graduate level we also offer an Education Specialist degree (Ed.S.) in Teacher Leadership, and certification in Administration and Supervision. We are not accepting applications for MED in secondary fields for fall or spring.)
- Major in Early Childhood/Special Education (only on the Dahlonega Campus)
- Major in Middle Grades Education (grades 4-8)
- Majors in Secondary and P-12 teaching areas are housed in the content area departments. They include:
- the secondary (grades 6-12) fields of English, History/Social Science,Mathematics and Science (Biology, Chemistry and Physics) and the
- P-12 fields of Art, Music, and Physical Education.
(Master of Education (M.Ed.) degrees in all of the above fields except Art and Music are also offered at the graduate level.
We have certification and master's degree programs available to individuals with bachelor’s degrees. The certification only programs for individuals with degrees in non-education fields are known as alternative certification programs and are available for middle grades, secondary and P-12 teaching areas as listed above. A Masters of Arts in Teaching degree is available in these fields as well.
Information on these master's programs can be found by clicking on the Graduate Degrees link to the left.
All teacher education programs are approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission and accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). To see the currently approved list of certification programs at North Georgia College and State University, click here.