A division of the Student Success Center
| Testing Center Security Procedures
A must read for all prospective examinees
Click HERE to go to the Security Procedures Page
GACE GACE ( www.gace.nesinc.com ) -- The purpose of the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators® (GACE®) is to assess the knowledge and skills of prospective Georgia public school educators. The GACE program helps the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (PSC) meet its goal of ensuring that candidates have the knowledge and skills needed to perform the job of an educator in Georgia public schools. The GACE are aligned with state and national standards for educator preparation and with state standards for P-12 student curriculum (Georgia Performance Standards). See the PSC Web site at www.gapsc.com for information regarding who must take the GACE.
- (Excerpt from GACE information sheet, Copyright © 2006 by National Evaluation Systems, Inc. (NES®)). ( Back to Top )
2013 Test Dates
Score Report Date
To Be Announced
To Be Announced
The following GACE tests are now available on computer:
Basic Skills Test I—Reading (200)
Basic Skills Test II—Mathematics (201)
Basic Skills Test III—Writing (202)
Middle Grades Reading (012)
Middle Grades Science (014)*
Professional Pedagogy Test I (171)
Professional Pedagogy Test II (172)
Science Test I (024)*
Science Test II (025)*
Special Education General Curriculum Test I (081)
Special Education General Curriculum Test II (082)
Special Education Adapted Curriculum Test I (083)
Special Education Adapted Curriculum Test II (084)
* - On Screen Calculator Is Provided
Registration for computer-based testing (CBT) is available on the Internet 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You should try to register as early as possible before your desired test date. Due to the amount of time required to process a CBT registration, you may not be able to schedule an appointment to test if you register within three calendar days of the day on which you plan to take the test. Test appointments are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, and seating is limited.
Please note that you must wait 30 days after taking a computer-based test before retaking the same test on computer.
Before you register. Because of laws protecting confidentiality and privacy, only you may register yourself for a test. Before you register, be sure to have available your e-mail address, social security number, and credit card information (number, expiration date, and name of cardholder). You may wish to review the "Background Questions" to prepare answers to the questions you will be asked during registration.
See "Registering for Alternative Testing Arrangements" if you wish to request alternative testing arrangements.
Payment. Payment must be made at the time of registration using a credit card (VISA and MasterCard only) or a debit or check card that carries the VISA or MasterCard logo and that can be used without the entry of a personal identification number (PIN). Bank cards without the VISA or MasterCard logo cannot be accepted. Additional fees apply for computer-based testing. See "Test Fees and Payment Policies" for complete information about registration fees and payment policies.
To Check GACE Seat Availability at UNG
1. Go to www.GACE.nesinc.com
2. Highlight “Before You Register” with mouse
3. Select Test Dates.
4. Select Computer-Based Testing tab.
5. Select www.pearsonvue.com/gace (in the middle of page)
6. On right hand side of page, select Seat Availability
7. Scroll down to select desired test and select.
8. Select Next.
9. In site box, type in Dahlonega within “location” box.
10. Select Georgia under State box. Click Search.
11. Select University of North Georgia. Select Next.
12. In Calendar box, select desired date in grey blocks.
13. Appointment times will appear in Box on right hand side.
Registration for computer-based testing is a two-part process with a registration step and a scheduling step.
1. Registering for the test. To register you must set up an account with GACE. If don't have an account, you will be prompted to create one. Be sure to have available your e-mail address, social security number, and credit card information (number, expiration date, and name of cardholder). Enter your name as it appears on your government-issued identification that you plan to use for admittance to the test site. When you register online, you may sign up to receive your scores by e-mail.
Acknowledgment of registration and Authorization to Test. After you have completed the registration process, Evaluation Systems will send you an e-mail acknowledging that you have submitted a registration. Within one business day, Evaluation Systems will e-mail you an Authorization to Test. This Authorization to Test allows you to schedule a test appointment.
Retain a copy of your Authorization to Test for your records. It contains your examinee ID number, which is required to schedule your test appointment.
2. Scheduling your test. After receiving your Authorization to Test from Evaluation Systems, you must visit the Pearson VUE Web site to select your test date, testing time, and test center.
Confirmation of scheduled test. After you schedule your test, Pearson VUE will send you an e-mail confirming your test appointment and listing your test date, your testing time, and the address and phone number of the test center, as well as directions to the test center.
Step by Procedures for Setting up an Account and Registering for Exam
To Create an Account
1. Go to www.GACE.nesinc.com.
2. Move mouse over Before You Register (located on the left hand side of the page).
3. Select About My Account.
4. Select Create an Account.
5. On next page, select Create Account.
6. Follow Steps and fill out personal information
7. Submit information.
8. After paying for the test(s), test taker will receive an ES ID Number by e-mail. You will need this ES ID when scheduling an exam.
To Schedule an Exam
1. Go to www.pearsonvue.com/gace.
2. Select Schedule Test.
3. Log in (if you have previously taken a test with Pearson VUE), or Create a New Account (if you are a first time test taker).
4. Follow registration process and enter ES ID number when prompted (ID number that was given by email after paying for your test(s) at the GACE.nesinc site).